The Church in the New Testament gives us a clue on what the foundation of new church plants should be. The Jerusalem Church was birthed out of a powerful move of the Holy Spirit (with apostles leading it) and we are able to get insight and glean wisdom from this powerful church (Acts 2).
1. Celebrate through praise and prayer. Acts 2:42 ...and in prayers. Vs 47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people.
2. Connect through relationship building, fellowship, and food. Acts 2:44 And all that believed were together, and had all things common; Vs 42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread...
3. Contribute through serving and financial support for individual needs. Acts 2:45 And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need.
4. Continue in The Word (spiritual growth). Acts 2:42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine... Vs 46 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house...
5. Compel others to come and get connected. Acts 2:47 And the Lord added to the church daily such as were getting saved. Acts 2:41 41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.
These five activities are the foundation of new church plants.
We will not have solid congregations without making these things the foundation and driving force of each one of our churches. - Doc Murphy, The Everywhere Network